hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Teshler, Andre" <Andre.Tesh...@tui.de>
Subject AW: AW: intercepting 'initialize-method'
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 15:30:43 GMT
Thanks. I think we will follow the first way.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Howard Lewis Ship [mailto:hlship@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 2. September 2004 17:17
An: hivemind-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: intercepting 'initialize-method'

I would suggest that you are doing two different things here: initializing
your service (which is meant to be trivial and error
free) and preloading your database data.  Obviously, the second of these is
the one that needs transaction support.

You have a few options, such as seperating the cache logic from the database
access logic.  The cache service can then invoke methods on the database
access service, which can be properly intercepted.

You could also lazily initialize your cache on each service method
invocations, but that's pretty ugly (it's the opposite of what HiveMind
should do).