hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Teshler, Andre" <Andre.Tesh...@tui.de>
Subject AW: intercepting 'initialize-method'
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 15:10:21 GMT
I am initializing object-cache from the database in the initialize-method...
My interceptor is the "transaction-interceptor" which starts transaction
and manages the db-connection...

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: James Carman [mailto:james@carmanconsulting.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 2. September 2004 17:04
An: hivemind-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: RE: intercepting 'initialize-method'

Yes, you can intercept it, but the interceptor won't be called when the
instance is constructed.  Any subsequent calls to the service's initialize
method (through its proxy) will use the interceptor.  The BuilderFactory
calls the initialize method on the service implementation object directly.
Of course that's probably NOT what you want to do (call the initialize
method directly).  What are you trying to do?  Why do you need to intercept
your initialize method?  Maybe we can come up with another way to do it.