hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: WG: beta-2
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 12:29:21 GMT
That should absolute work, and I believe we test for it (definately
failure, probably success).

However, you can stress it just a little; if your dependencies get
involved with SymbolSources AND your configuration of your services
references a symbol, then things can fail (but should throw an
exception, not go into an infinite loop).

What I'd like to see in HiveMind in the future is a two-level (or
n-level) Registry, where the most primitive registry is used to
construct the next registry.  So a bootstrap Registry would define
SymbolSources, Translators and maybe even conversion rules and a
second-level Registry would be the one that is made available to the
client application.  Makes my head a little dizzy, however.

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:11:45 +0200 , Domsch, Christian
<christian.domsch@entire.de> wrote:
> Ok, I tracked down the problem. Remember that this problem did not exist
> with beta-1. So here is the problem with the loop:
>
> Service A has two dependencies: B and C.
> Service B has no dependencies
> Service C has again two dependencies: B and C
>
> Ok, its not intuitiv and propably a mistake, that C is dependant on C. But
> again, remember this configuration worked with beta-1. I now removed all
> dependencies from C and this solved the problem. But I am not sure what
> change in hivemind caused the problem.
>
> > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry