hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Burbach, Matthias" <Matthias.Burb...@tui.de>
Subject Unresolved symbol in <sub-module> element
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:06:31 GMT
Hi,

I try to load a sub-module using a descriptor whose file name is determined
by the value of a symbol that I contribute to the FactoryDefaults.
However, Hivemind doesn't seem to resolve the symbol but tries to load the
descriptor using the literal name of the symbol, that is
${framework.objectmgr.config-ext}. Obviously, this must eventually fail;-)

Here's the relevant part of my hivemodule.xml:
[...]
	<contribution configuration-id="hivemind.FactoryDefaults">
    	<default symbol="framework.objectmgr.config-ext"
value="hive-objectmgr-default.xml"/>
  	</contribution>

    <sub-module descriptor="${framework.objectmgr.config-ext}"/>
</module>

Are there restrictions as to which XML attribute values can be dynamically
resolved using symbols?

The exception message is:
Unable to locate [...].jar!/META-INF/${framework.objectmgr.configext}.
        at
org.apache.hivemind.parse.DescriptorParser.parse(DescriptorParser.java:1435)

I'm using Hivemind Beta-2.

Hope you can help,
Matthias