hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Pablo Lalloni <plall...@afip.gov.ar>
Subject Re: Spring-like transaction features?
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:49:38 GMT
We've written full support for Hibernate and JDBC as HiveMind services,
and I'm currently working on a TransactionInterceptor factory service to
use declarative transaction demarcation a-la EJB.

To support Hibernate we made an HibernateSessionService who's able to
receive contributions of SessionFactory's configurations and also
mappings (hbm's) for persistent classes. On startup this service builds
up all the SessionFactory's as determined by contributions associating
to each the corresponding persistent classes. After this any dependant
component can ask for a Session corresponding to a given class or query
name. Sessions are associated to threads through ThreadStorageService so
the same Session can be returned for the same thread, they're cleaned up
con thread cleanup events.

Also did something alike for supporting a FastLaneReader through JDBC
where we take a similar approach for Connection management.

In front of this services we have a FinderService and a CRUDService
which can be used for what their names mean despite whether the data is
accessed through JDBC, Hibernate or any future data access backend
implemented as a HiveMind service.

Transactions are handled with the above mentioned interceptor supporting
EJB CMT policies.

If anyone's interested in any of this, I guess I can send out more
details and/or code (if my boss agree with it, of which I'm pretty
confident).

Cheers,
PiL