hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hls...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Question concerning XML and SDL compatibility in Hivemind
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:38:21 GMT
XML and SDL are fully equivalent.  If you name your descriptor hivemodule.xml then it should
be in
XML format.

For XML documents, HiveMind uses JAXP to locate a SAX parser.  For SDL, it uses its own internal
parser. Both generate the same SAX parse events, and the rest of the code inside the
DescritptorParser class doesn't know or care which format its reading ... it sees elements
and
attributes and character data and turns that into module descriptor objects.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry