hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hls...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Registry
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 21:35:40 GMT
So, we start with the idea that "JNDI is pain" and now we're trying to make HiveMind look like
JNDI?
Well, have fun!

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind
http://howardlewisship.com <http://howardlewisship.com/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Sikha, Naresh [mailto:Naresh.Sikha@schwab.com]
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 5:30 PM
To: 'hivemind-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Registry

Is the requirement:

1. Be able to use JNDI to find a Hivemind service in a single JVM?

or

2. Be able to find the same reference to a Hivemind service across multiple JVMs?

I agree with Howard's take on (2). (1) is a bit more interesting. It is possible to define
a custom
JNDI protocol that could facade the most frequently occuring Hivemind service lookup,
RegistryBuilder.constructDefaultRegistry().

By using a custom protocol you don't need to be serializable.

I'd be happy to contribute an implementation to (1).

Cheers.

Naresh Sikha