hivemind-user mailing list archives

From xztyoyweh...@spammotel.com
Subject Some ideas
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:33:51 GMT
Hi all,

in the past I used the Excalibur-Framework from Avalon. But since
Excalibur is deprecated
and I didn't really like the successor Merlin I'm playing now around
with HiveMind.

I try to "port" some Avalon Services of mine to HiveMind and have some
problems:

In Avalon I'm using often the selectors. That means I have multiple
implementation for one service interface.
Via the selector and a hint I can fetch me the right implementation. I
didn't see how this is possible in hivemind.

Another problem I have is with the configuration-point and contribution.
Often I have to write to much xml code
to configure my services. The contribution mechanism is great for
extending existing configurations.
But some times (in my case most of the time) I don't need or want to
have a extenable configuration.
In this case I would like to inline the configuration contribution into
the <implementation> tag.

I put an example for both on the wiki page
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-hivemind/FeatureRequest

Ciao
   Dieter