hivemind-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject RE: 1.1.2 Release...
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:28:41 GMT
Johan,

I seem to remember this conversation now.  With the refactoring that I'm
proposing (getting injection for free) in HiveMind 2.0, the "init method"
would become part of the "assembly instructions."  I don't know about the
shutdown method, though.  Maybe we could make the RegistryShutdownListener
something that's internal.

James

-----Original Message-----
From: Johan Lindquist [mailto:johan@kawoo.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 3:38 AM
To: hivemind-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: 1.1.2 Release...

Hi,

Yes, deprecation would of course be the way to go - a little to hasty in
my wording.

In any case, I think you and I discussed this earlier - just like the
initializeService method is the default name of the method to call when
starting a service, the registryDidShutdown method would work in similar
fashion.

I do know that currently, the registry shutdown is tied to the service
model and that the initializeService is tied to the builder factory.

The problem I guess is how to propagate which method is to be used when
the registry shuts down.  This could be added to the builder factory,
but not sure if that is the correct approach.

As for the other, no worries - think I am looking for those feature for
use within my project and therefore the strive to get them in ;)

Cheers,

Johan

James Carman wrote:
> Johan,
>
> What do you propose instead of the RegistryShutdownListener?  We can't
just
> remove it.  We would have to deprecate it for some time before we just
pull
> the rug out from under our users.
>
> As for the other requests, they are enhancement requests (I know, my
> parameterIndex was an enhancement, but needed by Tapestry).  I am looking
> for more bug-releated requests.  We should definitely look into the
> enhancements you mention for 1.2 (and of course 2.0).
>
> James

- --
you too?