hivemind-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject RE: Additional mailing admins needed
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:31:42 GMT
I can help with HiveMind of course.  I wouldn't mind helping with Tapestry,
but I'm not part of the project team.

-----Original Message-----
From: Howard Lewis Ship [mailto:hlship@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 12:29 PM
To: Tapestry development; hivemind-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Additional mailing admins needed

I'm going to be only sketchilly available for the next few weeks, with
lots of travel.

I think its time to spread the load on moderating the HiveMind and
Tapestry mailing lists.

Looking for volunteers to help or take over list moderation.

The lists are set up that the first time a user posts, the moderate
receives a moderation email.

If the posting is spam, you just delete the moderation email.

If the posting is valid, you can approve the individual message or,
more likely, "allow-tc" ... allow the user to post without moderation
from that point forward.  This is accomplished using "reply to all"
(but then you have to remove a strange bogus email address). Trust me,
it's easy.

People get frustrated when their first posting fails to show up on the
appropriate lists. Having good moderation is important.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry