hivemind-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <pauljamesruss...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Automatic depedency resolution
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:47:03 GMT
Hi Guys,

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:46:21 +0000, Paul Russell
<pauljamesrussell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone else interested in adding the ability to automatically
> resolve non-existent module dependencies? If not, then the rest of
> this e-mail probably doesn't apply! Be interested to hear your
> thoughts though.

I now have a patch for the above. Right now, the patch should be
considered 'early access', since it only contains the /hooks/ for
achieving this (+ appropriate unit tests, obviously), but not any
actual implementations. I'll try and put at least one implementation
together over the next few days so that I can be sure I've built the
'right stuff' here.

Is this something people sufficiently interested in that it's worth me
publishing this patch, (either with or without the implementations),
or is this not considered appropriate for inclusion in Hivemind
itself?

Cheers,

Paul