hivemind-dev mailing list archives

From Achim Huegen <ahue...@gmx-topmail.de>
Subject Provide runtime symbol source
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 12:31:56 GMT
I have some problems while trying to provide the init-params of the
HivemindFilter servlet as symbols to the hivemind registry.
I don't want to use SystemPropertiesSymbolSource.

My plan was to add a custom implementation of ModuleDescriptorProvider
and add an instance to RegistryBuilder via addModuleDescriptorProvider.
That provider should return a custom implementation of ModuleDescriptor,
which finally returns a contribution to ApplicationDefaults in
getContributions.

Then I learned that all the descriptor classes (ContributionDescriptor,
ImplementationDescriptor) are quite xml centric. I (naively) hoped to be
able to use instances of FactoryDefault or SymbolSourceContribution
directly. But the descriptors work with hierarchic elements and
attributes, the data is in a rather "raw" and untyped format.

So, is there a way to provide already constructed
instances/services/contributions to the RegistryBuilder?

Is there another way to solve this problem without ModuleDescriptors?

Thanks

Achim Huegen