hivemind-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Wannheden <knut.wannhe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HiveMind application inside Eclipse
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:25:42 GMT
Harish,

If this plugin is useful to others I can certainly share it. Would it
maybe even make sense to make it available as a separate download
under the HiveMind project hood?

As I mentioned there are a few classloader issues with the plugin. The
problem is basically that every plugin gets loaded by a separate
classloader.

One of the problems is related to the HiveMind MessageFormatter class
and maybe this is something we should address in the HiveMind
framwork. 3 of the 4 MessageFormatter constructors will implicitly
load the ResourceBundle using the classloader which loaded the
MessageFormatter class (i.e. the classloader of the HiveMind plugin).
For other plugins than the HiveMind plugin itself this will of course
not work. I wonder if we thus should change MessageFormatter to always
load the ResourceBundle using an explicit ClassLoader instance and
deprecate the MessageFormatter(Log, String) constructor. What do you
think?

--knut