hive-user mailing list archives

From Colin Williams <colin.williams.seat...@gmail.com>
Subject adding parquet partitions to external table (msck repair table not working)
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2018 07:08:09 GMT
Hello,

I have a parquet datasource that I'm writing via spark. For some
reason this particular source will not pick up added partitions with
msck repair table. However if I alter table tablename / add partition
(key=value) then it works. However this is more cumbersome than msck
repair table.

Is there an alternative that works like msck repair table that will
pick up the additional partitions? Otherwise I will need to fetch a
list of partition values, and go through the process of sending sql
requests to add each one.