hive-user mailing list archives

From Andrey Zinovyev <andrey.zinov...@gmail.com>
Subject CURRENT_TIMESTAMP timezone in hive 3.1
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2018 19:56:56 GMT
Hi,
We're upgrading from hive 1.2 to 3.1 and it seems like new hive returns
CURRENT_TIMESTAMP in UTC timezone. But before it was in local (system's
default) timezone.

According to HIVE-5472 current_timestamp should use user's local timezone.
This behaviour was changed in HIVE-12192  (if I got it
right). GenericUDFCurrentTimestamp now explicitly uses UTC as timezone to
initialise org.apache.hadoop.hive.common.type.Timestamp

Is it some intentional change or some misconfiguration from on our side?

For example
Old hive:
hive> select current_timestamp;
OK