hive-user mailing list archives

From Gopal Vijayaraghavan <gop...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hive 3.1 mapjoin with complex predicate produce incorrect results
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2018 01:11:30 GMT
Hi,

> Subject: Re: hive 3.1 mapjoin with complex predicate produce incorrect results
> |                         0 if(_col0 is null, 44, _col0) (type: int) |
> |                         1 _col0 (type: int)        |

That rewrite is pretty neat, but I feel like the IF expression nesting is what is broken here.

Can you run the same query with "set hive.vectorized.reuse.scratch.columns=false;" and see
if this is a join expression column reuse problem.

If that does work, can you send out a

explain vectorization detail <query>;

I'll eventually get back to my dev env in a week, but this looks like a low-level exec issue
right now.

Cheers,
Gopal