hive-user mailing list archives

From Sowjanya Kakarala <sowja...@agrible.com>
Subject passing configuration through connection string
Date Wed, 16 May 2018 13:59:52 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to fetch the data from hive using python code, which works for
normal tables. But, for bucketed tables with transactions set true, it is
throwing error
`

This command is not allowed on an ACID table dbname.tblname with a non-ACID
transaction manager.
`
I have set the folowing properties in the hive-site.xml, but still I see
the same error.

<property>

  <name>hive.txn.manager</name>

  <value>org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.lockmgr.DbTxnManager</value>

  <description>set for error: not allowed on an ACID table with a non-ACID
transaction manager</description>

</property>

<property>

  <name>hive.support.concurrency</name>

  <value>true</value>

  <description>set for error:FAILED: RuntimeException [Error 10264]: To use
DbTxnManager</description>

</property>

Is there any way that I could pass this configuration from connection
string?
something like:
conn = hive.Connection(host=HOST_NAME, port=PORT_NUMBER,
username=HIVE_USERNAME,configuration=so and so)

or is there any other way to send these configs?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks
Sowjanya