hive-user mailing list archives

From "Jia, Ke A" <>
Subject RE: Hive +Tez+LLAP does not have obvious performance improvement than HIVE + Tez
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2017 07:27:18 GMT
Hi Gopal,
After setting  the fds, somaxconn and DNS UDP packet loss configuration as you provided, the
result have no change. Please help me check whether I set wrong configuration. Thanks very

>For FDs, we set the related value to 65536 in /etc/security/limits.conf
        * - nofile 65536
        * - nproc 65536
>For somaxconn, we set it to 16384 in /etc/sysctl.conf. We found the somaxconn value of
shuffle port (15551) is still 50 not 16384 as below. And the shuffle stage is still slow.

 State       Recv-Q Send-Q                       Local Address:Port
               Peer Address:Port
LISTEN      0      16384                                    *:15003
LISTEN      0      16384                                    *:50075
LISTEN      0      128                                      *:15004
LISTEN      0      50                                       *:15551
> For DNS UDP packet loss, we install nscd in all nodes.

About fds,  whether the 65536 is suitable or not? And For somaxconn, why the somaxconn value
of the shuffle port (15551) is 50 not 16384? Thanks for your help.