hive-user mailing list archives

From Fabricio Pedroso Jorge <fpjb...@gmail.com>
Subject Error "Unable to instantiate org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.SessionHiveMetaStoreClient"
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2017 00:37:08 GMT
Hi all,

Hadoop verrsion...: 2.6.0 (Oracle Linux 7)
Hive version.........: 2.3.2

I am quite a newbie at the Hive world, and because of that, i am getting
the following error averytime i try to execute a command at the hive CLI:

*hive> show tables;FAILED: SemanticException
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.SessionHiveMetaStoreClient*

My metastore is at $DERBY_HOME/data and my hive-site.xml has the following
configuration, regarding the Derby connection:

*    <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>
<value>jdbc:derby://h-master:1527/metastore_db;create=true</value>
<description>      JDBC connect string for a JDBC metastore.      To use
SSL to encrypt/authenticate the connection, provide database-specific SSL
flag in the connection URL.      For example,
jdbc:postgresql://myhost/db?ssl=true for postgres database.
</description>*
*[...]*

<value>org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver</value>    <description>Driver
class name for a JDBC metastore</description>  </property>*

I am using the Derby Database at the Network Server mode.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

--
*Fabrício Pedroso Jorge.*

Administrador de Banco de Dados