hive-user mailing list archives

From Mukund <>
Subject Concatenate ORC files inconsistent behaviour
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2017 11:16:18 GMT

I am running alter table <tablename> concatenate on a hive table which is
stored in orc format.

When I ingest data into the table, it creates various part files inside the
HDFS folder as shown below

[image: Inline image 1]

When I run alter table <tablename> concatenate; it doesn't merge the part
files but the response is a success in the query editor.

The merge works sometimes and doesn't work sometimes.

Does it skip small files? If so, how to disable it?
I checked the hive logs and do not find any error.
Are there any additional settings that needs to be configured?

Running on HDP , version list given below:

[image: Inline image 2]
Any help/inputs is greatly appreciated

Thanks & Regards

View raw message