hive-user mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <owen.omal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive 2.2.0 and Hadoop 2.4.1 compatibility
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 21:14:09 GMT
If I remember right, the encryption stuff went in to Hadoop 2.5.

It isn't clear to me what versions of Hive are expected to work with which
version of Hadoop. I've just been cleaning up the ORC shims for Hadoop and
now ORC works cleanly with versions of Hadoop from 2.2 and will use
features from 2.7 (variable length HDFS blocks), if they are available.

.. Owen