hive-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Khandelwal <>
Subject One column into multiple column.
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2017 22:11:47 GMT
Can someone tell the best way to implement below in hive.

 how can we take input from column c1 from tab Such that c1 has multiple
values delimited by pipe. Each of the delimited value from col c1 of table
t1 needs to be inserted into separate column in table t2.

I can write a UDF for this but this udf I have to call 10 times to retrieve
10 delimited values from c1 of table t1 and then insert them into 10
separate cols of table t2. I am just trying to find out if there is a
better way to do this so that I don't have to call udf 10 times

View raw message