hive-user mailing list archives

From Gopal Vijayaraghavan <gop...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Long time compiling query/explain.....
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2017 22:08:39 GMT

> Running Hive 2.2 w/ LLAP enabled (tried the same thing in Hive 2.3 w/ LLAP), queries
working but when we submit queries like the following (via our automated test framework),
they just seem to hang with Parsing Command....Other queries seem to work fine.... Any idea
on what's going on or how to debug?  I have debug log set and all we're seeing in the HiveServer2
logs are:

Get a jstack - like 20 jstacks 1s apart.

I think this be similar to the parenthesis parsing bug fixed in 2.3.0.

Also getting a dummy table schema would help me run explain on my own builds.

Cheers,
Gopal