hive-user mailing list archives

From Nishanth S <nishanth.2...@gmail.com>
Subject Hive Table with Avro Union
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2017 19:21:55 GMT
Hello All,
I have a  set of avro schemas(6 of  them) which do not have any relation
between  them .The data in them is relatively small and are stored as 6
different hive  tables now . What I would want to do  is to convert them
into  a single hive table using avro unions .Is that something doable?.Some
of our queries have joins to these tables and it is affecting performance.
I am guessing one hive table  will be a better approach. Can you chime in f
you have done something similar?.Any thoughts or pointers are highly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Nishanth