hive-user mailing list archives

From "vergil" <vergilc...@foxmail.com>
Subject Re: setup spark engine to hive ,the hive version and spark build problem
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2017 05:53:02 GMT
Hi,dear friend
1.After I try it and read the source code,I find that hive on spark2.X do works on hive 2.2.0
2.2.1 version and 2.4.x version which includes this commit history https://github.com/apache/hive/commit/ac977cc88757b49fbbd5c3bb236adcedcaae396c.I
use the 2.2.0 version now.
2.Hive on spark,according to hive source code,you can just build the spark without hive profile
and  add the essential spark jars and scala'library into your hive's lib folder.So you have
no need to deploy the whole spark.This can meet your demands.
3.Spark sql,deploying another standard version whith hive can meet your sparksql demand.
I hope it can help you.

The harder, more fortunate