hive-user mailing list archives

From Akash Mishra <akash.mishr...@gmail.com>
Subject Difference between hive-exec-log4j.properties & hive-log4j.properties
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2017 11:59:59 GMT
Hi *,

I am unable to understand the difference between two logs configuration
file present in the /conf folder. Can someone explain the difference?

According to documentation,

Starting with release 0.6 – Hive uses the hive-exec-log4j.properties (falling
back to hive-log4j.properties only if it's missing) to determine where
these logs are delivered by default.

Does that mean logs configuration in hive-log4j.properties will be
overridden by hive-exec-log4j.properties?

--

Regards,
Akash Mishra.

"It's not our abilities that make us, but our decisions."--Albus Dumbledore