hive-user mailing list archives

From Boris Lublinsky <boris.lublin...@lightbend.com>
Subject Re: Hive 2.2
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2017 16:18:14 GMT
Thanks for your help.
I was trying to build Hive from GIT following https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted#GettingStarted-BuildingHivefromSource
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted#GettingStarted-BuildingHivefromSource>
But mvn clean package -Pdist
Fails with the following

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project hive-metastore: Could not resolve dependencies for
project org.apache.hive:hive-metastore:jar:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find org.apache.hive:hive-common:jar:tests:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
in https://repository.apache.org/snapshots was cached in the local repository, resolution
will not be reattempted until the update interval of apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates
are forced -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal on project
hive-metastore: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.apache.hive:hive-metastore:jar:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT:
Failure to find org.apache.hive:hive-common:jar:tests:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT in https://repository.apache.org/snapshots
was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval
of apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.getDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:221)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.resolveProjectDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:127)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.ensureDependenciesAreResolved(MojoExecutor.java:245)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:199)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:116)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:80)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:307)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:193)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:106)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.DependencyResolutionException: Could not resolve dependencies
for project org.apache.hive:hive-metastore:jar:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find org.apache.hive:hive-common:jar:tests:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
in https://repository.apache.org/snapshots was cached in the local repository, resolution
will not be reattempted until the update interval of apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates
are forced
	at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:211)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.getDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:195)
	... 23 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.resolution.DependencyResolutionException: Failure to find org.apache.hive:hive-common:jar:tests:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
in https://repository.apache.org/snapshots was cached in the local repository, resolution
will not be reattempted until the update interval of apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates
are forced
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:384)
	at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:205)
	... 24 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Failure to find org.apache.hive:hive-common:jar:tests:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
in https://repository.apache.org/snapshots was cached in the local repository, resolution
will not be reattempted until the update interval of apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates
are forced
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:444)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:246)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:367)
	... 25 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Failure to find org.apache.hive:hive-common:jar:tests:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
in https://repository.apache.org/snapshots was cached in the local repository, resolution
will not be reattempted until the update interval of apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates
are forced
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultUpdateCheckManager.newException(DefaultUpdateCheckManager.java:231)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultUpdateCheckManager.checkArtifact(DefaultUpdateCheckManager.java:206)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.gatherDownloads(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:585)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.performDownloads(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:503)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:421)
	... 27 more
[ERROR]

Any suggestions?

Boris Lublinsky
FDP Architect
boris.lublinsky@lightbend.com
https://www.lightbend.com/

> On Jun 7, 2017, at 9:53 AM, Barna Zsombor Klara <zsombor.klara@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Boris,
>
> you can build from the branches branch-2.3, branch-2 or master. All of these should have
spark 2.0 based on the git commit history.

<https://github.com/apache/hive/releases>.And you can follow the guide https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted#GettingStarted-BuildingHivefromSource
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted#GettingStarted-BuildingHivefromSource>.
>> But,I found it that Hive2.2 2.3 version do not support Spark2.0 when I read the source
code.Because Hive2.2 2.3 version JobMetricsListener.java  still use JavaSparkListener,JavaSparkListener
change to SparkListener from Spark2.0,github commit history https://github.com/apache/hive/commit/ac977cc88757b49fbbd5c3bb236adcedcaae396c
<https://github.com/apache/hive/commit/ac977cc88757b49fbbd5c3bb236adcedcaae396c>.Hive2.2
2.3 version do not include this commit。