hive-user mailing list archives

From <mgar...@cetax.com.br>
Subject Generating surrogate keys
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2017 22:55:53 GMT
We have a Project it was using Java  UUID to generate the surrogate key.

For some Security issues they installed Apache Sentry.

But now the code is not working

Anyone has this problem before ? Or any advise for  generate  SK ?

Tks

Obter o Outlook para Android

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 7:13 PM -0300, <daniel_wolpert@web.de> wrote:

Hello together,

I have a very mysterious problem. On a Hive-Server without Spark, hive.log will be written.
As soon as I install Spark hive.log is no longer written.
The reason for this is the environment variable SPARK_HOME. If I'm taking the following block
out of /usr/lib/hive/bin/hive, then hive.log is written.

if [[ -z "$SPARK_HOME" ]]
then
bin=`dirname "$0"`
# many hadoop installs are in dir/{spark,hive,hadoop,..}
sparkHome=$(readlink -f $bin/../../spark)
if [[ -d $sparkHome ]]
then
export SPARK_HOME=$sparkHome
fi
fi

Same problem if I set SPARK_HOME manually.

Does somebody still have an idea or hint? Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Daniel