hive-user mailing list archives

From Fabio <buso.fa...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Error deploying LLAP using Apache Slider
Date Mon, 29 May 2017 19:56:29 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to deploy LLAP using Slider but the containers fail to start
due to this error:

org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
     at
org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService.<clinit>(AbstractService.java:43)
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:335)
     ... 1 more

Apparently I'm missing all the Hadoop libraries which are on the machine
from which I ran the hive --service llap command, but they are not
included in the Slider package. They are only included in the container
of the AM.

I found the issue HIVE-14041 which removes from the CLASSPATH in
runLlapDaemon.sh the HADOOP libraries from the machine, as they should
be shipped from the Slider client, however, in my case they are not. If
I revert back the modification everything works.

I'm following this guide
https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.5.3/bk_command-line-installation/content/llap_install_unsecure.html
and all the env variables (HADOOP_HOME, HADOOP_CLASSPATH,
HADOOP_CONF_DIR, HIVE_HOME) are set correctly and Hive (without LLAP)
works perfectly.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Fabio Buso