hive-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ascot Moss <ascot.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive 2.1.1 Error: com.google.protobuf.UnmodifiableLazyStringList does not implement the requested interface com.google.protobuf.ProtocolStringList
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 23:17:08 GMT
Anyone uses Hive 2.1.1? please help

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 9:53 PM, Ascot Moss <ascot.moss@gmail.com> wrote:

> I ran the following simple SQLs:
>
> create  table Customers (CustomerName STRING, ContactName STRING, Address
> STRING,, City STRING,, PostalCode STRING,, Country STRING,);
>
> INSERT INTO Customers (CustomerName, ContactName, Address, City,
> PostalCode, Country)
> VALUES ('Cardinal', 'Tom B. Erichsen', 'Skagen 21', 'Stavanger', '4006',
> 'Norway');
>
>
> Got error:
>
> Thread-9] retry.RetryInvocationHandler: Exception while invoking addBlock
> of class ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB over
> java.io.IOException: com.google.protobuf.ServiceException:
> java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Class
> com.google.protobuf.UnmodifiableLazyStringList does not implement the
> requested interface com.google.protobuf.ProtocolStringList
>         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufHelper.getRemoteException(Prot
> obufHelper.java:47)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTran
> slatorPB.addBlock(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:420)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce
> ssorImpl.java:62)
>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe
> thodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMeth
> od(RetryInvocationHandler.java:191)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(Ret
> ryInvocationHandler.java:102)
>         at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy29.addBlock(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.locateFo
> llowingBlock(DFSOutputStream.java:1455)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.nextBloc
> kOutputStream(DFSOutputStream.java:1251)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.run(
> DFSOutputStream.java:448)
> Caused by: com.google.protobuf.ServiceException:
> java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Class
> com.google.protobuf.UnmodifiableLazyStringList does not implement the
> requested interface com.google.protobuf.ProtocolStringList
>         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(
> ProtobufRpcEngine.java:243)
>         at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy28.addBlock(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTran
> slatorPB.addBlock(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:418)
>
> Any idea?
>
> On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 6:12 PM, Ascot Moss <ascot.moss@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried Hive 2.1.1 and got following error:
>>
>> java.io.IOException: com.google.protobuf.ServiceException:
>> java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Class
>> com.google.protobuf.UnmodifiableLazyStringList does not implement the
>> requested interface com.google.protobuf.ProtocolStringList
>>
>> OS: RH7
>> Java: 1.8
>> Hadoop: v2.7.3
>> Hive: 2.1.1  (from bin tarball)
>> Protobuf: 2.5.0
>>
>> Any idea to resolve it?
>>
>>
>>
>> Detail log:
>> Thread-9] retry.RetryInvocationHandler: Exception while invoking addBlock
>> of class ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB over
>>
>> java.io.IOException: com.google.protobuf.ServiceException:
>> java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Class
>> com.google.protobuf.UnmodifiableLazyStringList does not implement the
>> requested interface com.google.protobuf.ProtocolStringList
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufHelper.getRemoteException(Prot
>> obufHelper.java:47)
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTran
>> slatorPB.addBlock(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:420)
>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce
>> ssorImpl.java:62)
>>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe
>> thodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMeth
>> od(RetryInvocationHandler.java:191)
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(Ret
>> ryInvocationHandler.java:102)
>>         at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy29.addBlock(Unknown Source)
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.locateFo
>> llowingBlock(DFSOutputStream.java:1455)
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.nextBloc
>> kOutputStream(DFSOutputStream.java:1251)
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.run(
>> DFSOutputStream.java:448)
>> Caused by: com.google.protobuf.ServiceException:
>> java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Class
>> com.google.protobuf.UnmodifiableLazyStringList does not implement the
>> requested interface com.google.protobuf.ProtocolStringList
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(
>> ProtobufRpcEngine.java:243)
>>         at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy28.addBlock(Unknown Source)
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTran
>> slatorPB.addBlock(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:418)
>>
>>
>>
>> Regards
>> Ascot
>>
>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message