hive-user mailing list archives

From Aishwarya Iyer Iyer <ai...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Kerberos error Hive Jdbc
Date Wed, 31 May 2017 00:59:36 GMT
A java program running on grid node needs to use hive-jdbc, I'm passing in creds, the shell
used to run the java program has kerberos creds but java program doesn’t.
I have seen online forums where a solution is copying the keytab to hdfs; for security reasons
i would prefer not doing that. Any solution including copying the keytab would be welcome.The
following is the error message:ERROR transport.TSaslTransport: SASL negotiation failure
javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials
provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)]