hive-user mailing list archives

From Jason Dere <jd...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Using JAR files located on HDFS for SerDe
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2017 23:50:39 GMT
There is an existing Jira to be able to specify the necessary JARs in the CREATE TABLE command,
but this is not in yet - HIVE-9252<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-9252>

________________________________
From: Jörn Franke <jornfranke@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 8:04 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using JAR files located on HDFS for SerDe

I do not think it is supported. The jar for Hive must be on a local filesystem of the Hive
server (not necessarily on all nodes).

On 12. Apr 2017, at 16:57, Mahdi Mohammadinasab <mahdix@gmail.com<mailto:mahdix@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to add a JAR file which is located on HDFS to be later used as a SerDe. This is
completely possible using "ADD JAR" command but I prefer to use hive.aux.jars.path setting
in "hive-site.xml" or "HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH" environment variable (Because then I don't need
to update all of my scripts with ADD JAR command).

Unfortunately, none of these methods seem to work. I tried different addressing methods (hdfs://,
hdfs:///, hdfs://cluster_name/path/file.jar, hdfs://localhost:90000/path/file.jar, ...) but
they don't work.

So how can I do this?

Thanks,
Mahdi