hive-user mailing list archives

From Mahender Sarangam <Mahender.BigD...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: Yarn Queue Capacity Schedule
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2017 23:23:01 GMT
Ping..

On 3/17/2017 3:37 PM, Mahender Sarangam wrote:

Hi,

We have configured our Capacity Scheduler Queues has per link.<https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.2/bk_performance_tuning/content/section_create_configure_yarn_capacity_scheduler_queues.html>

We have two Queues Q1 and Q2 each with 50% of cluster resources. We submit query to Hive through
HiveServer2 and WEBHCAT (Templeton). When i submit my query to HiveServer2, it is making use
of Q1 Queue capacity. Is there a way or some setting which makes query submitted through WEBHCAT
goes to Q2 queue capacity only. Our is there any command like CURL which can accept parameter
to which queue the query needs to be submitted.  because we are seeing  one big query block
others.. how to improve concurrency?