hive-user mailing list archives

From Riccardo Iacomini <riccardo.iacom...@rdslab.com>
Subject Compaction - get compacted files
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 10:08:27 GMT
Hello,
I have some questions about the compaction process. I need to manually
trigger compaction operations on a standard partitioned orc table (not
ACID), and be able to get back the list of compacted files. I could achieve
this via HDFS, getting the directory listing and then triggering the
compaction, but will imply stopping the underlying processing to avoid new
files to be added in between. Here are some questions I could not answer
myself from the material I found online:

   - Is the compaction executed as a MapReduce job?

   - Is there a way to get back the list of compacted files?

   - How can you customize the compaction criteria?

Also, any link to documentation/material is really appreciated.

Thank you all for your time.

Riccardo