hive-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Sprague <sprag...@gmail.com>
Subject hive on spark - version question
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2017 05:32:33 GMT
hi guys,
wondering where we stand with Hive On Spark these days?

i'm trying to run Spark 2.1.0 with Hive 2.1.0 (purely coincidental
versions) and running up against this class not found:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/spark/JavaSparkListener

searching the Cyber i find this:
    1.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41953688/setting-spark-as-default-execution-engine-for-hive

    which pretty much describes my situation too and it references this:

    2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-17563

    which indicates a "won't fix" - but does reference this:

    3. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-14029

    which looks to be fixed in hive 2.2 - which is not released yet.

so if i want to use spark 2.1.0 with hive am i out of luck - until hive 2.2?

thanks,
Stephen.