hive-user mailing list archives

From Gopal Vijayaraghavan <gop...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ODBC - NullPointerException when loading data
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2017 21:12:36 GMT
> Using Apache Hive 1.2.1, I get a NullPointerExcetion when performing a request through
an ODBC driver.
> The request is just a simple LOAD DATA request:

Looks like the NPE is coming from the getResultMetaData() call, which returns the schema of
the rows returned.

LOAD is probably one of the few calls which have no schema for its result returns.

> Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

File a JIRA (with odbc driver version + exact version of Hive), because looks like the JDBC
drivers don’t trigger this codepath - specifically.

        at org.apache.hive.service.cli.CLIService.getResultSetMetadata(CLIService.java:435)
        at org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.ThriftCLIService.GetResultSetMetadata(ThriftCLIService.java:658)
        at org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$GetResultSetMetadata.getResult(TCLIService.java:1537)
        at org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$GetResultSetMetadata.getResult(TCLIService.java:1522

for a LOAD DATA return path.

Cheers,
Gopal