hive-user mailing list archives

From Ahmed Kamal Abdelfatah <ahmed.abdelfa...@careem.com>
Subject Scaling HCatalog REST API
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 14:36:25 GMT
Hi folks,

I’m working on some workflow that needs to hit an API for fetching hive table schema.

Currently, I’m using HCatalog Tempelton API
"apiURL:50111/templeton/v1/ddl/database/dbName/table/tableName?user.name=hive” but as the
rate of requests is increasing (currently the max is 10 per second)

I get a lot of timeout from the API. I was looking to know how I can scale this API to be
able to get better performance instead of increasing the timeout of course. Are there any
params that needs tuning ? Should this be done on the metastore layer ? Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Ahmed Kamal
MTS Engineer in Data Science
Email: ahmed.abdelfatah@careem.com<mailto:ahmed.abdelfatah@careem.com>