hive-user mailing list archives

From John Pontious <j...@onwireco.com>
Subject Beeline connection to Hive not following 302 redirects
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 16:07:30 GMT
I am looking for some input on the possibility to getting the beeline client to connect to
hive through a proxy.

The issue I am having is that the I can’t seem to get the beeline client to connect to hive
through our proxy.

The proxy (reverse proxy / IBM WebSEAL) is doing BA and redirects/protects the backend Hive
instance.

I think is one of two possible reasons I am having a problem and maybe both:

  *   The proxy requires the client to follow HTTP 302 redirects
  *   The client needs to manage a session cookie for the proxy.

I have done some investigation and it seems like the client is using Apache HTTP Client, which
I thought was supposed to follow 302 redirects by default and also to manage cookies.  But,
as far as I can tell it is not following the redirect.  For the cookie issue, I also looked
into an found that there is a cookieAuth=true option for beeline (which is supposed to be
the default) and I have that set.  So the cookie “issue” may not be an issue at all.
I am just adding it in a supporting information for the most part.

beeline connect string:

!connect jdbc:hive2://hive-server.internal/<hive2://hive-tevagxp-dev.whc.sl.edst.ibm.com:443/;cookieAuth=true;ssl=true;sslTrustStore=/Users/jimvo/Documents/workspace3_whac-v1/whac-v1/whac-cicd/src/files/wlp/truststore.jks;trustStorePassword=changeit;transportMode=http;httpPath=gateway/default/hive>;cookieAuth=true<hive2://hive-tevagxp-dev.whc.sl.edst.ibm.com:443/;cookieAuth=true;ssl=true;sslTrustStore=/Users/jimvo/Documents/workspace3_whac-v1/whac-v1/whac-cicd/src/files/wlp/truststore.jks;trustStorePassword=changeit;transportMode=http;httpPath=gateway/default/hive>;ssl=true;sslTrustStore=/Users/foo/truststore.jks;trustStorePassword=foobar;transportMode=http;httpPath=gateway/default/hive<hive2://hive-tevagxp-dev.whc.sl.edst.ibm.com:443/;cookieAuth=true;ssl=true;sslTrustStore=/Users/jimvo/Documents/workspace3_whac-v1/whac-v1/whac-cicd/src/files/wlp/truststore.jks;trustStorePassword=changeit;transportMode=http;httpPath=gateway/default/hive>
foo foo

For one last reference, I can connect to my endpoint with curl using the following command:

curl -b --basic -ksu foo:foobar -L https://hive-server.internal/gateway/default/hive

Please advise if there is anything I am missing or anything else I can read up on.

Thanks, John

—