hive-user mailing list archives

From Ricardo Fajardo <>
Subject Pls Help me - Hive Kerberos Issue
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2017 06:36:42 GMT

Please I need your help with the Kerberos authentication with Hive.

I am following this guide:

But I am getting this error:

Caused by: org.ietf.jgss.GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed
to find any Kerberos tgt)

I have a remote Kerberos server and I can generate a token with kinit for my user. I created
a keytab file with my passwd for my user. Please tell me if it is ok.

On the another hand when I am debugging the hive code the operative system user is authenticated
but I need authenticate my Kerberos user, can you tell me how I can achieve that? How can
I store my tickets where Hive can load it?? or How can I verify where Hive is searching the
tickets and what Hive is reading??

Thanks so much for your help.

Best regards,

View raw message