hive-user mailing list archives

From Gopal Vijayaraghavan <gop...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Experimental results using TPC-DS (versus Spark and Presto)
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 03:48:57 GMT

> Gopal : (yarn logs -application $APPID) doesn't contain a line
>  containing HISTORY so it doesn't produce svg file. Should I turn on
>  some option to get the lines containing HISTORY in yarn application
>  log?

There's a config option tez.am.log.level=INFO which controls who much data is written to the
log there.

I think there's an interval type clause in the 72 query, which might be a problem.

> and d3.d_date > d1.d_date + 5

That might be doing UDFToDouble(d_date) > UDFToDouble(d_date) + 5, which will evaluate
into

NULL > NULL + 5

Because UDFToDouble("1997-01-01") is NULL.

So, seeing your explain would go a long way in finding out what's going on.

The swimlane raw data is also somewhat interesting to me, because I also draw a differen t
set of graphs from the same HISTORY data.

http://people.apache.org/~gopalv/q21_suppliers_who_kept_orders_waiting.svg

to locate bottlenecks in the system.

Cheers,
Gopal