hive-user mailing list archives

From Mahender Sarangam <Mahender.BigD...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: Zero Bytes Files importance
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2016 18:43:11 GMT
Hi Sranislavs,

It is simple Insert statement with Select statements which are union together like below

Insert into TargetTable

Select C1,C2 from Table1

Union All

Select C1,C2 from Table2

3 reducers are been created so 3 folders are created.

For any insert operation, there will be one Zero bytes file. I would like to know importance
of this Zero bytes file.