hive-user mailing list archives

From Joaquin Alzola <>
Subject RE: Hive Stored Textfile to Stored ORC taking long time
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2016 09:42:20 GMT
HI Gopal,

Hive version 2.0.1 with spark 1.6.3

The textfile was loaded to Hive as plain text then created the ORC table and then INSERT into
ORC table.

Would it be faster to input into the STORED TEXTFILE as gzip already?

From: Gopal Vijayaraghavan [] On Behalf Of Gopal Vijayaraghavan
Sent: 09 December 2016 04:17
Subject: Re: Hive Stored Textfile to Stored ORC taking long time

> I have spark with only one worker (same for HDFS) so running now a standalone server
but with 25G and 14 cores on that worker.

Which version of Hive was this?

And was the input text file compressed with something like gzip?

This email is confidential and may be subject to privilege. If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not copy or disclose its content but contact the sender immediately upon receipt.
View raw message