hive-user mailing list archives

From "Dulam, Naresh" <naresh.du...@bankofamerica.com>
Subject Not able to create UDFS using in built libraries
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2016 16:13:38 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to create hive UDF using in built jar hive-contrib.jar;  I have added jar in Aux
path.
When we try to create from beeline it throwing privilege exception.
Our cluster is kerborized  and sentry enabled.

CREATE FUNCTION rowSequence AS 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.contrib.udf.UDFRowSequence';
Error: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: SemanticException No valid privileges
User XXXX does not have privileges for CREATEFUNCTION
The required privileges: Server=server1->URI=file:///opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.8.3-1.cdh5.8.3.p1957.2053/jars/hive-contrib-1.1.0-cdh5.8.3.jar->action=*;
(state=42000,code=40000)

My questions are

1.      Do we need hive-contrib.jar to add it in HDFS location and use "USING JAR hdfspath"
to create function statement?

2.      Do we need to create Sentry permission for the path Aux and HDFS path?

I belive for Custom jars we need to follow this process
https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-8-x/topics/cm_mc_hive_udf.html

For builtin hive jars also we need to follow the same process?

Thank you,
Nafresh

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information
that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions
available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer.   If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this message.