hive-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Duin <patd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 答复: Difference between MANAGED_TABLE and EXTERNAL_TABLE in org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.TableType
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2016 09:14:55 GMT
Hi,

I've noticed the same thing we set the table parameter as well to make sure
the table is External.
replica.putToParameters("EXTERNAL", "TRUE")

Not sure if the tableType is actually used anywhere, we set it anyway as
well as the table parameter just to be sure when using the Metastore API.

No clue if it is a bug but setting the table parameter will work.

Patrick