hive-user mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HMS connections to meta db
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2016 04:22:36 GMT
Do you mean the connection between the Hive client and the Hive metastore (if you are using
the command line?) or the connection between the metastore server code and the RDBMS.  The
connection to the RDBMS uses JDBC connection pooling to avoid making and tearing down many
connections.  The connection of the command line to the client to the Hive metastore uses
thrift, which I believe by default builds a new TCP connection for each operation.

Alan.

> On Dec 13, 2016, at 10:07 PM, Huang Meilong <imsrch@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Will HMS keep the connection to meta db when HMS is up? Or will HMS build connection
to meta db every time the query comes to HMS and release connection to meta db when query
finished?