hive-user mailing list archives

From Gopal Vijayaraghavan <gop...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can Beeline handle HTTP redirect?
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2016 09:25:56 GMT
> I want to know whether Beeline can handle HTTP redirect or not. I was wondering if some
of Beeline experts can answer my question?

Beeline uses the hive-jdbc driver, which is the one actually handling network connections.

That driver in turn, uses a standard org.apache.http.impl.client.HttpClients to talk to the
servers.

You can probably dig through the code usage and find out if it is allowing 302 or not (POST
+ 100 Continue is another question to answer by experimenting).

https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/master/jdbc/src/java/org/apache/hive/jdbc/HiveConnection.java#L348

Cheers,
Gopal