hive-user mailing list archives

From Jason Dere <jd...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: beeline null pointer exception
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2016 23:19:05 GMT
You probably need to take a look at the HiveServer2 logs which might have a stack trace for
that error.

________________________________
From: Brotanek, Jan <Jan.Brotanek@adastragrp.com>
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 1:05 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: beeline null pointer exception

Hello, I have problem executing following statement in Beeline version 1.2.1000.2.4.0.0-169
by Apache Hive CLI (beeline being invoked with config: --fastConnect=true --hive.cli.errors.ignore=true):

create table if not exists test.testorc

STORED AS ORC

as

select

*

from test.testorc_e
;

Error: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: NullPointerException null (state=42000,code=40000).

I played around with beeline settings and also with formatting (CR/LF) of query. However still
getting that error. In Hive it works perfectly fine...

Thanks
Jan