hive-user mailing list archives

From Gopal Vijayaraghavan <gop...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hive/Tez local mode running out of memory
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 18:16:23 GMT

> Thanx for the reply. We don't override the log level. According to the docs, looks like
the default level is INFO.
> Any other ideas?

That at a first glance looks like a broken install. A good approach would be to use a Tez
cluster install instead of messing with a local mode runner (that's used by the QE tests and
defaults to DEBUG).

If you are stuck on a Hadoop distro which does not have Tez & you need it, you can get
it to work with something like the following

https://gist.github.com/epiphani/dd37e87acfb2f8c4cbb0

If you are more adventurous and want to run LLAP on an unsupported platform, I maintain scripts
which will configure and install it

https://github.com/t3rmin4t0r/tez-autobuild/blob/llap/README.md

Cheers,
Gopal