hive-user mailing list archives

From Gopal Vijayaraghavan <>
Subject Re: a GROUP BY that is not fully grouping
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 20:51:36 GMT

>  I've run into a GROUP BY that does not work reliably in the newer version: the GROUP
BY results are not always fully aggregated. Instead, I get lots of duplicate + triplicate
sets of group values. Seems like a Hive bug to me

That does sound like a bug, but this information is not enough to determine what's wrong.

> This is not 100% repeatable.

The output of "explain <query>" would be useful and along with it, I have put in a non-deterministic
flush in Hive (for Tez) which might be messing with Spark.

Can you run repros with - set;?

View raw message