hive-user mailing list archives

From Premal Shah <premal.j.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive/Tez local mode running out of memory
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 18:37:53 GMT
Hi Gopal,
Thanx for chiming in.

This is running on the cluster, but it feels like it's not submitting the
job to the cluster, instead using the local mode (not to be confused with
the local mode for testing). However, I don't think Tez has a local mode
like Hive, so I am not sure what is going on here.

We are on hadoop 2.7.2, hive 2.0.1 and tez 0.8.4

We are migrating from hadoop1, so we just went with all the latest versions
in the test environment, except hive because they broke some stuff in
2.1.0.

--
Regards,
Premal Shah.